Monday, May 16, 2011

The American Dream



"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it." 

"The only way we'll get freedom for ourselves is to identify ourselves with every oppressed people in the world. We are blood brothers to the people of Brazil, Venezuela, Haiti, Cuba -- yes Cuba too."

"I see America through the eyes of the victim. I don't see any American dream--I see an American nightmare."

As I get older, although I'm not old at all, I see my peers graduating. Getting corporate jobs, settling down, paying taxes, raising 2.5 children, getting a lab and an SUV. "The American dream"; or, what people think is the american dream. Word of advice to my peers and the 20-somethings, I'm not speaking from experience but pleading with you to not loose your drive, passion, honesty and loyalty to the freedom movement. Don't fall into the trap of foregoing your "youthful" and "utopian" ideas. Don't begin voting for Republican and Democrat, don't forget your philosophy of freedom for the illusion of security from the latest boogeyman. Don't shoo off incriminating facts of the U.S. international deeds. Don't forget the blood, sweat and tears we have all put into this. Don't let it all be for naught.


All quotes contributed to Malcolm X.

No comments:

Post a Comment